Monday, March 9, 2020

Lent - Day 11 - Shout for Joy


Dear Christian educators,

How beautiful are shouts of joy! I think Lent reminds us not only to try to take in what our Savior has done for us, but to also shout for joy that He is such a marvelous Savior. When do you feel the most joy? Is it a certain time of day? Is it because of people that surround you? Is it when your lesson pops and the kids really get it? Is it when you hear of someone's healing? Perhaps it's a little of all of the above. We certainly have a lot to be joyful for each and every day. Let's sing a song of praise today with a joyful voice (even if it's only joyful noise!)



Each day during this season of Lent, I will post one verse and pray it with you. Consider saying the verse in your quiet time and praying it also. You may use the same prayer or try your own. Each day until Easter (except Sundays) there will be a new post that contains: a verse, a small reflection, a prayer using the Scripture and an image. Feel free to share the images because I made them with the Bible Lens app and took all the pictures. What a creative God we serve!



Day 11


Psalm 71:23 English Standard Version (ESV)

23 My lips will shout for joy,
    when I sing praises to you;
    my soul also, which you have redeemed.




Shouts for joy happen in school all the time when you think about it. When the teacher gives the students a break from homework for the night, the students shout for joy. When the soccer, football, basketball, or favorite team makes it to the championship, there are shouts for joy. When Spring Break finally arrives, there are shouts for joy. How can we keep that kind of joy in the day to day maintenance of a classroom or school community? It's not simple, but a daily praise to our King for all He has done for us in the past, in the present and the future to come will help. Shout for joy in the privacy of your classroom at the end of the day for the help He has given you in success or even failure. He will never leave you nor forsake you.






Dear Lord,


I want my lips to shout for joy! You are Marvelous! You are Wonderful! You bring me joy each day. Thank You Lord. I will sing praises to You each day. 


Praise God through Whom all blessings flow. 
Praise Him you creatures here below. 
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts. 
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Lord, my soul is full of grateful thanks for You have redeemed by soul. Thank You for showing me my Savior. I love you and need you in every aspect of my day. I ask in the beautiful Name of Jesus. Amen.




Prayerfully yours,

Karen C. Seddon
CEAI - Christian Educators Assoc. Int.
State Director for Florida
407.892.5651
....an unqualified recipient of His unconditional love


2 Timothy 3:16 -17- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment