Monday, March 2, 2020

Lent - Day 5 - Love the Lord

Dear Christian educators,

I love the Lord! I love to tell Him I love Him, too. This is my favorite Scripture to pray when I am outside in my prayer garden. As I close out my prayers I recite this verse to Him. It really helps me to know His strength and power. He is my strength, my fortress, my deliverer, my God, my rock, my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold, my EVERYTHING! Do you want to magnify your love for Him. Memorize this one and sing/say it to Him daily.

Each day during this season of Lent, I will post one verse and pray it with you. Consider saying the verse in your quiet time and praying it also. You may use the same prayer or try your own. Each day until Easter (except Sundays) there will be a new post that contains: a verse, a small reflection, a prayer using the Scripture and an image. Feel free to share the images because I made them with the Bible Lens app and took all the pictures. What a creative God we serve!

Day 5


Psalm 18:1-3 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord Is My Rock and My Fortress


I love you, O Lord, my strength.

 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies.


In our school communities, praising the Lord in the classroom with students present has been disallowed, however starting your day (before contract time) with praise and worship in Your room can never be disallowed. When you pull your car into the parking lot, begin your day with a 1st step prayer. With the first step towards the entrance to the last step you take into the school, praise Him. It's a lot more joyful that worrying about all the things you have to do. When you enter your classroom, praise Him. Give Him the day. Place it in His hands and say this Psalm to Him. We are most satisfied when He is most glorified. (John Piper). Have a praise-filled day.







Dear Lord,

Thank you for the heart of David who was always seeking after You. Let us be an educator with a hot-heart for You. I love You, O Lord, my strength. You help me with all weakness. You are my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer. You have rescued me from a life of sin and have place a hedge of protection over my salvation because of what Jesus has done. My God, my Rock, in Whom I take refuge, where else would I go? You have the words of eternal life! My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my Stronghold. What do I fear? When You are near I am at peace no matter what the enemy throws my way for He Who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. I call upon You Lord, because You are worthy to be praised. Thank You for saving me from my enemies. I ask for this in the Mighty Name of Jesus. Amen



Prayerfully yours,

Karen C. Seddon
CEAI - Christian Educators Assoc. Int.
State Director for Florida
407.892.5651
....an unqualified recipient of His unconditional love


2 Timothy 3:16 -17- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.




Christian Educators Association International is the only professional association in the United States specifically for Christian educators in public schools.  CEAI protects our members first in prayer, next with excellent professional liability insurance and other benefits while helping them live out their high calling as a Christian in the public school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment