Monday, June 12, 2017

Clothed in White




This past school year I had the privilege of reading the Daily Promises of God for Educators with my brothers and sisters in the public schools on my podcast, Around the Word in 180 Days. God’s promises are beautiful, encouraging and a magnet to His heart. I was inspired by Dr. Barry Black, chaplain of the United States Senate to study the promises of God on Labor Day 2015. It took the whole school year (2015-2016) to gather His promises. I used many previously written books to determine how to present them, but nothing hit me until I placed them into a spreadsheet and realized that I had 200 promises: 99 in the Old Testament and 101 in the New Testament! I had no idea that He was a Promise Keeping God for time and all eternity. As I presented all 200 promises, I felt compelled to “regift” one of them to you in this post. In Revelation 3:5 it says, "The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.” Our God is going to dress us in white! 

Each time that I gathered the promises, I presented them in four translations and then wrote a note that I simply called the Note to the Educator. This is the one from this promise:

What if we had a day when all Christian educators wore white to school? It would be our symbol of hope in this incredible promise. Let’s do it. I am proclaiming the first Thursday after Labor Day as “Clothed in White Day” to unite all Christians in the public schools to proclaim their belief that one day all His saints (us!) will be dressed in white with our names written in the Book of Life while He announces our names before our Father and His angels. What a celebration it will be. Help me spread the word. It may start small, but who knows how far it can reach with the power of the Holy Spirit?

AW 180 Days Clothed in White post (scroll down to the Day 196 promise)


Let’s do it, my friends! Let’s dress in white on the first Thursday after Labor Day. This year our Clothed in White Day will be September 7th. You may have to get a new shirt, slacks, skirt or dress, but can you imagine how beautiful you will look and feel knowing that you are representing one of the ultimate promises of our Lord and God? Pray about it, my friends. Let us give Him all the glory.

As always, I am prayerfully yours,
K



Note: To more fully understand the 16-9 Movement, please read the first blog entry by clicking here.

PS. Don’t forget to spread the word about the 1:16PM Prayer Movement and Around the Word in 180 Days:
      Go to www.one16pray.com  and www.aw180days.com for more information.
      Visit,  "like", and add comments the 1:16PM Facebook page and the Around the World in 180 days Facebook page.
      Sign up for text message prayer prompts from Remind  

May God bless you as you rest and prepare for the 2017-2018 school year.



Christian Educators Association International is the only professional association in the United States specifically for Christian educators in public schools.  CEAI protects our members first in prayer, next with excellent professional liability insurance and other benefits while helping them live out their high calling as a Christian in the public school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment