The Osceola Honor the Grads picture album
The 4th annual Honor The Grads ceremony in Osceola County, FL was held Thursday evening, May 9, 2019. This prestigious award, sponsored by the Christian Educators Association, Int. in Osceola County, has become one of the most important events of the year in the lives of these students. Can you imagine being chosen by your peers as an example of integrity and living out your faith throughout high school?
For the first time, the Honor the Grads celebration was livestream on Facebook by Iglesia Nueva Church. You can watch it on their Facebook page.
The format of the Honor the Grads program is beautifully simple. The family and friends of the award winners were led in a few praise songs by a the youth group from Iglesia Nueva Church who graciously hosted Honor the Grads this year. After the praise time, the graduates were given the opportunity to share a favorite verse, tell about their future plans and give a testimony. It never ceases to amaze us how the students can so boldly and passionately share their love of the Lord and their desire to serve and give thanks to those who helped them along the way.
- God gave me a second chance.
- God loves you.
- God cares about me.
- I knew God, but I didn't KNOW God until now.
- FCA youth groups as schools save lives.
- I went from a goodie-goodie wanting to please everyone to a pleaser of God.
- Be intentional.
- Keep moving.
- I really need God. I fall into His arms.
- God is always there.
- What can I do for a revival in me?
- Are you willing to be different for the sake of the gospel?
- We spark an interest.
- Warner College
- Valencia State College (3)
- Southeastern University to become a pastor
- Valencia for electrical engineering
- University of Florida or Hillsong College in Australia
- Clemson University for engineering
- SUM, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Valencia > FIU for pediatric physician assistant
- Valencia's Honor program with a full scholarship
- Johnson University for preaching and church leadership
- Bridges program at Valencia for health science > Lee University for chiropractic studies
- University of Florida for pre-medicine
After the student testimonies, the families and supporters gather around for a time of prayer. All were then invited for a time of fellowship and snacks.
The 2019 Honor the Grads awardees are:
Celebration High School
Gateway High School
Harmony High School
Liberty High School
Osceola High School
St. Cloud High School
Congratulations to all the graduates and their families.
As always, I am
PS. Don’t forget to spread the word about the 1:16PM Prayer Movement and Around the Word in 180 Days:
• Visit, "like", and add comments the 1:16PM Facebook page and the Around the World in 180 days Facebook page.
• Sign up for text message prayer prompts from Remind 101
• Follow us on Twitter for the prayer prompts @one16pray
May God bless you with success His way this 2018-2019 school year.
Note: To more fully understand the 16-9 Movement, please read the first blog entry by clicking here.
Christian Educators Association International is the only professional association in the United States specifically for Christian educators in public schools. CEAI protects our members first in prayer, next with excellent professional liability insurance and other benefits while helping them live out their high calling as a Christian in the public school.