Sunday, March 31, 2013

Just a personal note



Today is Easter Sunday, the day we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without His death, burial and resurrection there is no Life. Praise be to God for His incredible plan of salvation for all people who believe. Thank you so much for participating in the 40 Days of Intentional Goodness at whatever level you were involved. May I take just one more moment of your time to explain how it came about.

First of all, I want to make a confession. When I began the 40 Days of Intentional Goodness in the Classroom on the first day of Lent, I had no idea what I was going to write about. I was prayerwalking the previous morning and was struck with the concept, yet no content. When I pray, I always mention the Fruits of the Spirit as God's attributes that I yearn to have in my walk and when I got to goodness, I asked God to help me with encouraging, equipping and empowering teachers in the classroom. Before I write anything, I pray first. Alistair Begg and Dr. Barry Black love to use the old Anglican prayer: "I want to think myself empty, write myself clear and pray myself hot," as they ask for God's guidance in their sermons and other writings and I use their example previous to any writing about Him. As soon as I was done with the prayer, I went to the Word.  I sought verses with "good" in them and the way Jesus treated others. The Word has EVERYTHING we need in life and was the total basis each day for one of the 40 Days of Intentional Goodness. It was the first thing I did each morning (with the except of one day when my grand babies slept over!) I never had any of the days pre-prepared and was truly prayerfully dependent on His Spirit of inspiration.

I want to thank God for His living and active Word.  It truly is the greatest book ever written. I'm not sure who said it but I love this quote, "I've read many books in my life, but the Bible is the only book that has read me." Be sure to be in the Word each day to transform your classroom into an intentional garden of goodness.  God bless you and your school setting. 

Prayerfully yours,
K


Day 1

(I love reading the Word each day.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment