Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 39 - Intentional Goodness in the Classroom



Today is Valentine’s Day. In a classroom, it can be a very exciting time for children, but it can also be one of the loneliest days if no one gives you a Valentine.

A verse to ponder
What could be more perfect on Valentine’s Day?

1st Corinthians 13 - If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.  For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

An intentional blessing for the classroom
Be on special alert today. Look around for a student or a colleague who has not received a Valentine. If you have Valentine candy or treats available, find one VERY special person to intentionally bless.  If you don’t have any treats, get some red construction paper, cut out a heart, fold it and write a cute message to that one student and/or colleague who seemed to have no Valentine today.

A focus of reflection
How can I express love in the classroom? Is that legal? Of course! Love is the kindness you show to your students. Love is the patience you show when there’s no patience left. Love is the greatest gift you can give your students. Happy Valentine’s Day.


Day 40 - sticky
(Please send pictures of your "goodness" adventure and I'll post them)


As always, I am
Prayerfully dependent,

K

Karen C. Seddon
CEAI, State Director, Florida
kseddon@ceai.org

Note: To more fully understand the 16-9 Movement, please read the first blog entry by  clicking here.

Christian Educators Association International is the only professional association in the United States specifically for Christian educators in public schools.  CEAI protects our members first in prayer, next with excellent professional liability insurance and other benefits while helping them live out their high calling as a Christian in the public school.  





No comments:

Post a Comment