The 20th annual Honor The Grads ceremony in St. Johns County, FL was held Monday evening, April 30, 2018. This prestigious award, sponsored by Christian Educators Assoc. in St. Johns County, had become one of the most important events of the year in the lives of these students. Can you imagine being chosen by your peers as an example of integrity and living out your faith throughout high school? A common surprise to most of the graduates was that they has no idea that this award was "really a thing!"
The format of the program is beautifully simple. The family and friends of the award winners are lead in a few praise songs and then the graduates are given the opportunity to share a favorite verse, tell about their future plans and give a testimony. It never ceases to amaze us how the students can so boldly and passionately share their love of the Lord and their desire to serve. Each and every graduate even thanked the others for shining their light.
Some of the comments shared by the graduates this year include:
- I'm looking for crazy Christians at college who share my passion.
- There is no love like Jesus's love for us.
- Listen to the song, "Impossible" from Cinderella and know that all things are possible through Him alone.
- Being ridiculed for your faith is not the worse thing that could happen, denying it would be the worst thing.
- Blessed to have a God Who doesn't hold me sins against me.
- He's a 24/7 God and never in a hurry.
- He left the 99 and came and found the 1 - me!
- See others as Jesus sees them.
- Be set apart.
- It's all about a good God and advancing His kingdom.
- You teach much more by how you live your life.
- Playing tennis in college will be my platform for the Lord.
- God's never ending love puts joy in my life.
- Be someone that someone is grateful for. (advice from her dad)
- GRACE - God's Riches At Christ's Expense.
- I use my faith to smile and count my blessings.
- I am a vessel of His love; conduits of His authority.
Future plans include:
- Southeastern University and Celebration College for worship ministry
- University of Central Florida for physical therapy
- University of Mobile for nursing and someday missions
- University of North Florida for music and technology production
- University of North Florida
- University of Georgia for fashion merchandizing
- University of Georgia for speech pathology
- Flagler College
- Still deciding between Florida State and University of Florida
- St. Johns River State College
- Defiance College and will play football.
After the student testimonies, the families and supporters gather around for a time of prayer from all who feel led. All were then invited for a time of fellowship and snacks.
The 2018 Honor the Grads awardees are:
Bartram Trail High School
Creekside High School
Allen D. Nease High School
Pedro Menendez High School
Ponte Vedra High School
Anna Grace Pahlow
St. Augustine High School
St. John's Technical High School
Congratulations to all the graduates and their families.
As always, I am
PS. Don’t forget to spread the word about the 1:16PM Prayer Movement and Around the Word in 180 Days:
• Visit, "like", and add comments the 1:16PM Facebook page and the Around the World in 180 days Facebook page.
• Sign up for text message prayer prompts from Remind 101
• Follow us on Twitter for the prayer prompts @one16pray
May God bless you with success His way this 2017-2018 school year.
Note: To more fully understand the 16-9 Movement, please read the first blog entry by clicking here.
Christian Educators Association International is the only professional association in the United States specifically for Christian educators in public schools. CEAI protects our members first in prayer, next with excellent professional liability insurance and other benefits while helping them live out their high calling as a Christian in the public school.