The 3rd annual Honor The Grads ceremony in Osceola County, FL was held Monday evening, May 14, 2018. This prestigious award, sponsored by the Christian Educators Association, Int. in Osceola County, has become one of the most important events of the year in the lives of these students. Can you imagine being chosen by your peers as an example of integrity and living out your faith throughout high school?
The format of the Honor the Grads program is beautifully simple. The family and friends of the award winners were led in a few praise songs by a former Honor the Grad recipient, Brian Delgado and his accompanist Xavier. After the praise time, the graduates were given the opportunity to share a favorite verse, tell about their future plans and give a testimony. It never ceases to amaze us how the students can so boldly and passionately share their love of the Lord and their desire to serve and give thanks to those who helped them along the way.
Some of the graduates told stories, one even wrote a poem and most share words of encouragement such as the ones below:
- God is generous in love. God gives grace.
- God loves you.
- My favorite Bible character is Paul.
- We must do more than believe, we must act.
- God can use each and everyone of us.
- I went from being an atheist to a believer.
- Dare to be different,
- Do you trust me? (God's question to one of the grads)
- Let God lead you, don't be afraid.
- Don't live by the worth others place on you, but the worth God places on you.
- FCA is my " bring back".
- Fight for your blessings, like the woman who touched Jesus's cloak.
- Be a light in a dark world.
- Live out your faith so others can see God through you.
- Be the light. Shine bright.
- The Creator of all things believes in you.
- Are you willing to be different for the sake of the gospel?
- We spark an interest.
- Change is incremental, not sudden.
- Make prayers from faith, not fear.
- FCA transformed me into a woman of God.
- God has something in store for all of us.
- All things happen for a reason.
- Tell friends about Jesus.
- Went from a church kid to a kid who loves church.
- Write a thank you note to God.
- Don't give up. Follow God's plans.
- Warner College
- Valencia State College (3)
- Southeastern University to become a pastor
- Valencia for electrical engineering
- University of Florida or Hillsong College in Australia
- Clemson University for engineering
- SUM, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Valencia > FIU for pediatric physician assistant
- Valencia's Honor program with a full scholarship
- Johnson University for preaching and church leadership
- Bridges program at Valencia for health science > Lee University for chiropractic studies
- University of Florida for pre-medicine
After the student testimonies, the families and supporters gather around for a time of prayer from all who feel led. All were then invited for a time of fellowship and snacks.
The 2018 Honor the Grads awardees are:
Celebration High School
Gateway High School
Harmony High School
Liberty High School
Juliet Kaylajean Marzan
Juliet Kaylajean Marzan
Osceola High School
Poincian High School
St. Cloud High School
Congratulations to all the graduates and their families.
As always, I am
PS. Don’t forget to spread the word about the 1:16PM Prayer Movement and Around the Word in 180 Days:
• Visit, "like", and add comments the 1:16PM Facebook page and the Around the World in 180 days Facebook page.
• Sign up for text message prayer prompts from Remind 101
• Follow us on Twitter for the prayer prompts @one16pray
May God bless you with success His way this 2017-2018 school year.
Note: To more fully understand the 16-9 Movement, please read the first blog entry by clicking here.
Christian Educators Association International is the only professional association in the United States specifically for Christian educators in public schools. CEAI protects our members first in prayer, next with excellent professional liability insurance and other benefits while helping them live out their high calling as a Christian in the public school.